Thursday, January 22, 2015

Countdown to the Glass Slipper Challenge

     We are 30 days away from the beginning of the Glass Slipper Challenge.  I am excited and nervous.  I have run the Princess Half twice before but this is different.  Any time there is a challenge involved, it seems more exciting.
     When Disney had the inaugural GSC in 2014, I tried to sign up.  I made the mistake of waiting until I got home from work to try to register.  As you can imagine, it was too late.  I didn't make the same mistake again.  I set an alarm on my phone and asked a friend to come sit in my classroom so that I could get on the computer right at noon.  There were so many people on the website trying to register that it took me a little more than 30 minutes to register.  It sold out in less than 2 hours.  I got my spot though.  I was thrilled to find out that my friend Ena was also able to register.  She was originally going to sign up for just the half marathon but had a change of heart at the last minute.  We ran the other 2 Princess races together.

     We are staying at the Art of Animation resort in a Little Mermaid room.  I have never stayed at this resort before so I am looking forward to checking it out.  I was a big Little Mermaid fan when the movie was first released.  

     I haven't been able to train or run at all for the last 4 weeks due to plantar fasciitis.  That makes me a bit nervous.  I have an appointment with an orthopedist who specializes in running injuries on Monday.  Hopefully, he will tell me I can start running again.  In the meantime, I will continue to stretch, ice, and roll my foot.  

     My friend Ena decided to dress in an Anna costume.  I think costumes make races so much more fun.  I still have to put my Elsa costume together.  I am quickly running out of time.  

Are you participating in any of the races during the Disney Princess weekend?  Will you be wearing a costume?



2 comments:

  1. I am running the 5k as Anna & my 1st 10k as Tink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Teresa. Good luck and have fun! I love the Frozen 5k medal. I should have signed up for that one too.

      Delete